sThere are two harassment contact persons in Pörssi (from 2021 onwards) that provide support to student in case of harassment or other inappropriate behavior, such as bullying. If you face bullying, harassment, discrimination, racism or other inappropriate behavior, you can contact the harassment contact persons and seek for assistance to resolve the matter.
The contact persons offer their support and help you in processing the situation. All conversations are always confidental and will not be shared with anybody. In addition, the contact persons will not take any actions without your permission.
For students in JSBE the primary contact persons are Pörssi’s “sopo” (person in charge of social politics) and another person of the opposite sex.
email@example.com | +358404172525
firstname.lastname@example.org | +358505501460
Don’t hesitate to contact us any time. With matters related to general things or to developing our operations please be in contact with our head of social politics: email@example.com.
What to do in care of harassment?
- If possible, tell the person that their behavior is considered harassment. Tell them that you don’t accept that kind of behavior and ask them to stop.
- If the harassment continues, write down the incident’s details (what happened, when, who were there, what was said). This will help later while processing the situation.
- Tell other people about the incident. Here’s some examples:
- If you’re harassed by other students during a lecture, please be in contact with the lecturer or other faculty member.
- If you’re harassed by faculty members, please be in contact with our faculty dean or university’s harassment contact persons.
- If you’re harassed in events or social media, be in contact with Pörssi’s harassment contact persons.
- In case you want to get more in-depth discussions about the situation, you can be in contact with YTHS. It is recommended that you seek help from a organisation/person which you find the most meaningful. It is very important that nobody is left alone with these matters.
Pörssi’s Head of Social Affairs,